Monday, February 9, 2009

Rattle My cage

Sometimes it is all about the timing of events. If I had just taken a little longer brushing my teeth, or decided to fold the laundry before I left for school instead of after, what if I would have sprinkled salt on the steps this morning? There was a fatal car accident on the road that I commute to work on this morning. Apparently from what I can piece together I was moments ahead of being in this accident. I received a very sweet email from a woman that I know "SJ are you at work? I saw The Music Man drive to school, but not you! Let me know ASAP!" It makes me ask myself all these what if questions?

This happened to me one other time in life, when I was a senior in college. I missed a stabbing on my way to the T stop by minutes. If I had been a few minutes earlier what would I have witnessed? Would I have been the victim? My roommates heard about it before me and flooded my cell phone with messages wondering where I was and if I was ok. I didn't find out until I was finished with my long day of student teaching. Apparently I walked over a bridge with a bleeding woman under it. Events like this always leave me asking myself so many questions, and being more thankful for the life that I get to live.

Enjoy ~SJ

1 comment:

Miss V's Mom said...

I completely understand your cage being rattled. When I was in High School I ended up going off the road because the roads were icy. At almost the same time, further up the road, there was a tragic accident where someone lost their life. I am forever thankful for going off the road when I did because I am pretty sure I would have been a part of the other accident.
Thank God you're ok. :)