Thursday, October 22, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
1. I have a history of eating ice cream almost every day.
2. How to knit socks is something I wish I knew.
3. I'm eating (or recently ate) my portion of 18 pounds of pumpkin seeds.
4. I use my GPS when I am on the road, even to places I know how to go.
5. So that's it, that's almost all the time I have this morning devoted to watching students fill in little bubbles on standardized tests.
6. Warm coffee better than nothing!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching the high school field hockey game with my middle school players, tomorrow my plans include getting ready for the Dempsey Challenge and Sunday, I want to not have to walk in the rain!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Friday, July 31, 2009
1. It's time for coffee and cereal.
2. _____; it's not a bad place for _____.
3. I must be crazy to think that I'm going to get all my work done next month, but I will manage!
4. Happiness is the best thing I have ever known.
5. My plan is simply always to enjoy life.
6. The last time I laughed really loudly was the other day over breakfast with Mi Prima, I was telling her about orphaned food (more about that later).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to the cousins arriving, tomorrow my plans include the Big Swim and Sunday, I want to relax!
Monday, July 20, 2009
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
And...here we go, another Friday Fill In!
1. The last thing I ate was a strawberry and another strawberry (who can stop at one?)!
2. A new motorcycle is something I recently bought.
3. When it rains, it seems to never stop - especially in Maine lately.
4. The Music Man was the first person I talked to today.
5. Hugs are always welcome.
6. Sunny days and fresh strawberries provide extra comfort after too many days of rain.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing and finishing my annotations, tomorrow my plans include (not sure) and Sunday, I want to (not sure)!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Another week of Friday Fill-Ins, the Mad-Lib blog! And...here we go!
1. I grew up thinking I wanted to be a dolphin trainer.
2.FedEx track your package was the last website I was at before coming here.
3. Why don't you give Friday Fill-Ins a try??
4. Naps help me relax.
5. "Thanks for the memories".
6. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening, tomorrow my plans include the Boston Guitar Festival and Sunday, I want to get some Chinese bubble tea!
Friday, June 5, 2009
1. I love my home and sometimes find it hard to go to work in the morning because of it.
2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been pork chops.
3. Quack! Quack! Quack! and bark! bark! bark! have been themes for the last few weeks.
4. A nice long walk would be a great thing if I could find the time.
5. Summer vacation is just around the corner is some good news.
6. When all is said and done, I love my life.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to planting and motorcycle rides, tomorrow my plans include trash and coffee and Sunday, I want to relax!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Fresh back from his New York City tour, Kermit enjoyed many sights. His favorite was the Statue of Liberty where he can be seen here doing an impression of her. Happy Skywatch!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Play along if you wish, this originally came from Amity
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Since I am a math teacher you would think that I enjoy the task of paying bills, but mostly I just dread sitting down and paying them all.
2. Do you miss being a child?
I was just talking about this last night with friends, there are great parts of being a child and great parts of being an adult.
3. Chore you hate the most?
Anything to do with laundry, just ask The Mother.
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
The Music Man and I went to Slate's, always a wonderful dinner.
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
What sort of question is this?
6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Collins, and Bob had a different chair than the rest of us.
7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A dolphin trainer
9. How many colleges did you attend?
One for undergrad, and another one for masters and doctoral
10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It was there on the pile
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Got to get the motorcycle out and drive it more.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
No alarm today, it is Sunday.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Gone of the road a few times due to icy conditions
16. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
17. Get up early or sleep in?
18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
They aren't a cartoon, but I loved the Fraggles
20. When did you first start feeling old?
When I got my first real job
21. Favorite lunch meat?
I hate lunch meat
22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Lean Cuisines, that way I don't have to eat lunch meat for lunch
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
It works for some people, so no
24. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
25. What’s your favorite drink?
26. Who[m] from high school would you like to run in to?
Well I ran into a whole bunch of them last night, it was great to catch up with them all.
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Sopranos, I had hope for Desperate Housewives but it just got too weird.
29. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
Yes, and sometimes we wave across the hall/library to one another when we shut our classroom doors.
30. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
Yes, a coffee cup caught on fire it the microwave. Moral of the story: Some plastic travel mugs have screws in them and fire extinguishers can make a huge mess!
31. Last book you finished reading?
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
B - Bed size: Queen
C - Chore you hate: Folding laundry, but I have gotten much better over the years
D - Dog's name: Figment - since she is a figment of my imagination
E - Essential start to your day: shower and coffee
F - Favorite color: red
G - Gold or Silver: silver
H - Height: 5'4"
I - Instruments you play: viola, bass
J- Job: Teacher
K – Kids: nope
L - Living arrangements: A great house on a lake
M - Mom's name: Andrea
N - Nicknames:Sarah Jane, SJ
O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: none
P - Pet Peeve: Getting things done late
Q - Quote from a movie:
R – Robot or Human? A robot would be cool to have fold my laundry
S - Siblings: none
T - Time you wake up: 6:10 on school days
U- Underwear: cotton
V - Vegetable you dislike: olives, mushrooms
W - Ways you run late: Don't factor in the travel time correctly
X - X-rays you've had:Teeth and nose
Y - Yummy food you make: Cookies, and bread
Z - Zoo favorite: Camel
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Now onto the answer. Yes, I was standing at the foot of the Paul Bunyan statue in Rumford at the Information Center. While visiting the Information Center I learned why we have a Paul Bunyon statue, and how he grow up here in Maine. What follows is the Paul Bunyon story according to the Information Center.
"As the legend goes, Paul Bunyon was born in Bangor, Maine. At the time of his birth, not only one stork brought Paul to his parents but also it took five very large storks. He did not have a normal size crable because he was so large, his first bed happened to be a lumber wagon that was pulled by a team of horses. To rock Paul to sleep, his father would drive the wagon up to the top of Maine and back home again.
When he was just a few days old, he could cry loud, so loud that he scared all of the fish out of the rivers and streams in the entire agea. The frogs that lived in the ponds nearby began wearing earmuffs in the morning when Paul would scream so loudly for his breakfast afraid they might go deaf. The cows had a large order to fill as it took the milk from 24 cows to keep his bottle filled and his mother had to give him ten barrels of porridge every two hours to keep his stomach from growling and knocking the house down.
When he was only a week old, he could wear his father's clothing. When he was three weeks old, he rolled around during his nap and tore down the timeber on four square miles of timberland. His parents could not handle all the destruction that their young Paul was causing, so they built a raft and floated it just off the coast of Maine. However, this was not a great idea. He rolled over on the raft and caused a 75-foot tidal wave in the Bay of Fundy. The British Navy had to come to the resuce to awaken Paul from hi nap. It took every cannon on the entire fleet and seven hours of firing their cannons to awaken him. Paul woke up and stepped off his raft but accidently sank four war ships.
After this, his parents decided that Maine and the entire easter coast were just too small for Paul, so they moved to Minnesote."
So that is the tall tale about the childhood of Paul Bunyan growing up in Maine. This last picture is my Skywatch Friday picture.
Happy Easter, enjoy ~SJ
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Kermit at the Fort Worth Stockyards
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
You Are Chirping Birds
You are a very caring person. You especially feel for innocent beings, like animals and children.
You are keyed in to the world and very peaceful. You believe that everyone is connected.
You remain focused and in the moment. You are not easily distracted.
You have a good memory, especially for things that you hear. You listen carefully.