Thursday, May 14, 2009

Origami Hippo

My students and I have had a running joke about hippos that steams from the Pythagorean Theorem. We also have been working on origami on and off all year long, so last night I got the idea of teaching them how to make an origami hippo. One small problem though, I don't know how to make an origami hippo, nor do I have a pattern - Google to the rescue! I did a little searching, found a few patterns but nothing that I really liked. While in search of the perfect paper hippo I updated my Facebook status to "is wondering how to make an origami hippo, anyone know?" Within moments I had a response complete with links, another few moments and I Mi Prima offer to look at the library for me today. Talk about service! Today I had a few moments so I gave one of the hippos a try, very simple and it might be the one I teach them how to make. With a few changes in the "nose" folding it could become an elephant too!

Enjoy ~SJ

No comments: