Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Views From Worthley Pond, or Skywatch Tuesday?

We all can smell it in the air and witness it in the familiar new sights around us, spring is on its way. Winter coats are being put away, yards can be seen again after their months under heavy blankets of snow, and birds are coming back from their winter travels. The view out my front window is changing, but the exciting sign of spring has not happened yet. The ice is still on the pond and it will be there for at least a few more weeks. I took this picture last Friday for Skywatch Friday but got too busy to post it. If you look carefully you can see my snowshoe prints walking off across the pond. Although I am excited for spring to come, and am sadly going to miss my afternoons of trekking on the pond enjoying the sun and fresh air.

Enjoy ~SJ

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely :)
Happy Skywatch!

Carver said...

That's a beautiful shot. Winter does have it's beauty.

VALKYRIEN said...

Beautiful shot! But your photo at SkyWatch is simply stunning! Love the color, the softness, reflections - everything in that photo!

Merisi said...

Thank you for sharing that wonderful blue image with us!
Truly a delight.

Julie said...

Love that smooth blanket of snow!
Happy SWF :)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Winter can produce some cool blues.

Barb said...

I share you anticipation of spring - I think it's still a long way off for me. Your photos are beautiful!