Monday, October 13, 2008

Please Don't Feed The Animals

This Close To Home comic reminded me of an adventure that My Mom and I had at the beach.


One day while I was visiting My Mom in Florida we decided to spend the afternoon enjoying the sun and surf on Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Florida. Now this beach that My Mom and I went to required us to trek about 1/4 of a mile across the "Sahara", really it was just that far from the parking lot across the sand to the water. We settled in on a nice part of the beach not too close to anyone. Before going to the beach My Mom and I stopped at Albertson's Grocery Store to get sandwiches. These were not just any sandwich, they were h u g e, with wonderful toppings. Not long after settleing on the sand I decided to start in on my sandwich. Now I'm sure you can guess where this is going. Moments into unwrapping my sandwich I was swarmped by seagulls. I think that they sent out an all points bulliten to the surrounding five miles that there was an unwrapped sandwich being eaten. The birds were bombing me for my precious sandwich. Eventaully I jut gave up and let the birds have the sandwich. This is when the little German ladies beside me yelled at me for feeding the birds! Yea right, like I was trying to feed the birds, I was just trying to enjoy my sandwich on the beach, so much for that.

Enjoy ~SJ

No comments: