Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Time

Summer is the perfect season to lounge around and read all day long, and I have been taking advantage of it. For me, a perfect summer day includes waking up late, making coffee, and reading in different locations around the house. This summer has been perfect so far when it comes to reading. I have moved past Sophie Kinsella for the moment. A few days ago a read a biography on Houdini, Escape! The Story of the Great Houdini. Currently I am reading The Zookeepers Wife which I heard about on NPR a few months back. It is true story about a woman who lives in Warsaw during WWII and she and her husband run a zoo. In the end they protect over 300 Jewish people in and around the zoo.

Time for the second cup of coffee and the new reading location.

Enjoy ~SJ

2 comments:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

I read another novel today: the curious incident of the dog in the night-time by mark haddon. It's about an autistic boy, and is a very interesting read. Dave told me about it, and we both recommend it.

Unknown said...

As a math teacher there are parts of it you'd probably appreciate.