Sunday, May 4, 2008

Three Of A Kind

I just had three unsuspected visitors at The Shamrock. I was out on the rocking porch getting it ready for the summer season, and I noticed out of the corner of my eye three dogs coming down the road. Now you have to understand that where I live, and it not being the summer season yet, if anything comes down the road after 5 pm it means excitement, never mind three of something! I recognized these three dogs from my summer days of riding my bike around the pond, they are three friendly labs who were far from home. I got the Music Man to come out and watch them while I went inside to try to get their owner on the phone. After calling what seemed to be half of the pond, I got a hold of the trios owner, a slightly worried owner at that. I went back outside, and the Music Man and I played stick with our three new friends while waiting for the owner. We managed to keep them amused until their owner came along to whisk them back home. I'm sure that those three had a wild adventure and will sleep well tonight. This only plants to seed deeper into my head, I need to find a dog to play stick with all of the time.

1 comment:

FatBodyGuitar said...

Yeah, three jovial knuckleheads on a romp,

a continuous laughing and mindless adventure.......

as only three labs could............

waaaay tooo much fun!!

3 Smiling Dogs having unfettered fun!

They were very cool

SJ saved their day! (or night)

especially when their feeder commented that they had not had their turn at the trough....