Friday, May 23, 2008

Silence

For many people Memorial weekend marks the beginning of the summer season, and for these people summer means camp. Camp has always been an important part to my summer, since I have spent every summer of my life at Worthley Pond. Now I have the pleasure of living at Worthley Pond 365 days a year. Now I get to enjoy the pond through all four seasons, but just one like so many other people. For me Memorial weekend marks the beginning of when I need to share my Pond with all of the summer residents. I'm sure that many of the other few year round Pond residences feel the same way as I do, and are looking forward to Labor day weekend, the official close of summer. So until Labor day I have to share my little slice of paradise with the summer residences, but I know that I get it back to myself come early September.

Enjoy ~SJ

1 comment:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

While Memorial Day is the traditional start of summer, Finals Week is definitely my reckoning point! I really live by the school calendar, not everyone else's.