Monday, May 19, 2008

Commute Another Way

Mike blogged a few weeks ago about the Commute Another Way Week. As a good blog reader I clicked on the link and read more about it. After poking around the website for a little bit I discovered that you could sign up for how you were going to commute to work during the week of May 12 - 16, and the best part is the first 1,000 people got a free t-shirt! What could be better than saving the environment AND getting a free t-shirt. I quickly filled in all of the boxes with my info, including t-shirt size. A few weeks later, after I had forgotten about the t-shirt, but certainly not commuting to work a different way, the t-shirt arrived in the mail! It is a wonderful bright green t-shirt that I have been wearing proudly since. In the end I carpooled with the Music Man two days of the week, the other 3 days I was on a bus on the Quebec trip. So even though I didn't drive my scooter like I had originally planned, I still did my part to save the environment AND earn the t-shirt.

1 comment:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

So how does printing up NEW t shirts for all those people using less fossil fuels, and then shipping the shirts to said people help save the environment? By my (snooty) math, I still see carbon being released into the air. Maybe next year they should make you commute another way to pick up your free shirt!

:)