Monday, August 11, 2008

Good Reads!


My summer has been marked with a lot of high points; berries, motorcycle rides, swimming, hikes, The Music Man, camping, and family just to name a few. One of the things that I look forward to the most every summer is idle afternoons (mornings and nights) of doing nothing but reading. This summer has been a banner summer when it comes to reading. I just rediscovered a great website for sharing books and even added a new little widget to the left-hand side of my blog. (If you are reading this in Google Reader you must check it out). The website is called Good Reads, and basically it allows you to share with your network of friends books that you have read, your rating, books you are reading, as well as books you want to read. It has been a great night of adding books to my "bookshelf", as well as looking through friends lists and adding books to my "to-read" shelf. All I have to say is that my friends have read an impressive list of books, and I am excited to read many of their suggestions. Feel free to request a friendship with me once you set up an account!

Enjoy ~SJ

1 comment:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

I read the Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve on the plane to CA (not smart, as it's about a plane crash! oopsy!) and Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen on the way home. Both great summer reads!